Institute for Justice
|Institute for Justice|
The Institute was founded in 1991 by Chip Mellor and Clint Bolick.
The Institute has been involved in numerous high-profile cases. Particularly noteworthy cases include school choice lawsuits in Cleveland, Milwaukee, Arizona, and Florida. They have also been closely involved in a pair of important eminent domain lawsuits, including Coking vs. C.R.D.A, in which they defended the right of Vera Coking to stay in her home despite the intent of Donald Trump to use her land for a parking lot, and the landmark eminent domain lawsuit of Kelo v. City of New London, winning the former and losing the latter. They were also involved with the interstate wine sales case of Granholm v. Heald/Swedenburg v. Kelly.
The Institute is led by President Chip Mellor.
The Institute for Justice focuses on Four Pillars:
- Economic liberty
- Private property
- School choice
- First Amendment
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Institute + for + Justice"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Birmingham's proposed food truck ordinance 'unconstitutional,' Institute for ... - The Birmingham News - al.com
- Florida Couple Forced to Rip Out Their 17-Year-Old Vegetable Garden or Pay ... - TheBlaze.com
- IRS backs down from cash seizures from Macomb County businesses - The Macomb Daily
- International Institute for Peace through Tourism IIPT bids farewell to Nelson ... - eTurboNews
- Attorney: Courts Across Country Abdicating Their Constitutional Duty - Washington Free Beacon
- Passing gas: Will seized private land clear way for natural gas pipeline? - Watchdog.org
- Gov't to keep ban on paying bone marrow donors - The Times and Democrat
- Grocer fights to get money back from IRS - Examiner.com
- Egypt: No Acknowledgment or Justice for Mass Protester Killings Set Up a Fact ... - EIN News (press release)
- In Afrikaner community, mixed feelings about Mandela's death - The Globe and Mail
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ IJ.org, "Mission-statement", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.orf, "IJ at a glance", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.org, "Merry Band of Litigators", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.org, "Economic Liberty", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.org, "Private Property", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.org, "School Choice", accessed December 10, 2013
- ↑ ij.org, "First Amendment", accessed December 10, 2013