International Trade & Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, Texas House of Representatives
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Texas House of Representatives are assigned half by seniority and half by the Speaker of the House. Representatives select three committees they wish to serve on, and half of a committee's seats are filled in this manner based on seniority. In the case of equal seniority, the Speaker decides the seat. Once half of each committee is selected through this method, the Speaker appoints the rest of the committees. Committees are assigned at the start of each legislative session. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The Speaker is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: House Rules
|“||The committee shall have seven members, with jurisdiction over all matters pertaining to:
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|International Trade & Intergovernmental Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (5)||Republican members (2)|
|• Rafael Anchia, Chair||• Giovanni Capriglione|
|• J.M. Lozano, Vice-chair||• Brandon Creighton|
|• Poncho Nevarez|
|• Mary Ann Perez|
|• Mark Strama|
- Texas State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed February 4, 2014(Rule 4-2)
- Texas State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed February 4, 2014(Rule 4-1)
- Texas State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed February 4, 2014(Rule 4-16)
- Texas State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed February 4, 2014(Rule 3-21)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.