For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Iowa 2014 ballot measures
The 2014 legislative session began on January 13, 2014 and was expected to conclude on April 22, 2014. However, the session continued past its projected deadline and ultimately adjourned on May 2, 2014. The state does not allow initiatives or referendums, therefore, measures must be referred by the Iowa Legislature. However, no legislatively-referred constitutional amendments made the ballot, so voters will not have any measures to vote on in 2014.
- Since 1996, an average of two measures have appeared annually on the ballot in Iowa. Therefore, 2014 is a below-average year.
- Since 1996, there have been several even- and odd-numbered election years during which no measures appeared on the statewide ballot.
- The number of measures on a statewide ballot since 1996 has ranged from zero to two.
- Since 1996, five of nine, or 56 percent, of Iowa ballot measures have been approved by voters.
- Conversely, four of nine, or 44 percent, of measures have been defeated.
Not on the ballot
|Same-Sex Marriage Ban Amendment||Marriage||Bans same-sex marriage in the state|
|"Right to Bear Arms" Amendment||Firearms||Includes the "right to bear arms" in the state constitution|
|Judicial Nominating Process Amendment||Judicial reform||Revises the judicial nominating process|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |