|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56|
Kubiske's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The number one issue on people's minds is the repair and maintenance of roads. It is my intention to work with the legislature to develop defined methods of consistent revenue streams to maintain and upgrade roads in Monroe County. I intend to review existing processes and suggest methods of transferring revenue for the sole purpose of road maintenance, repair, and replacement without increasing taxes."
- Excerpt: "Job creation is on everyone's mind. My intent is to continue to stimulate job growth within the small business community and assist larger businesses in re-investing in local area development to expand manufacturing and processing facilities, thus creating more jobs. Rehabilitate old buildings for use by new or existing companies. I want to see a re-education of the workforce to keep up with new technology and higher paying jobs."
- Excerpt: "Work with the local medical community to increase and maintain a high level of care for Monroe County residents. Bring to Monroe procedures and services not available to avoid having to send residents to outside providers. Assist in the simplification of program options."
2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "As a member of the NRA, I am a advocate of our 2nd Amendment rights."
- Excerpt: "I hope to assist the Legislature in establishing sound scholastic standards that can be used as a guide for all Michigan school districts to adapt to their local demographic."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Tom Redmond was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jason Sheppard defeated Irma Kubiske in the Republican primary. Al Bain ran as a U.S. Taxpayers Party candidate. Sheppard defeated Redmond and Bain in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 General Election, 2014|
|U.S. Taxpayers||Al Bain||2.6%||697|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Irma + Kubiske + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 56
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Irma Kubiske on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- irmakubiske.com, "On The Issues," accessed July 30, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |