Isaiah Kauka Sabey
|Isaiah Kauka Sabey|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 24|
|Member, Makiki Neighborhood Board|
|Place of birth||Oahu, HI|
Sabey's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Freedom & Liberty
- Excerpt: "I believe in freedom and liberty that is God given, affirmed by our Founding Fathers, articulated in the Declaration of Independence, and protected by the Constitution."
- Principled Leadership
- Excerpt: "I believe that true leadership is unwavering in the face of criticism, is steadfast when confronted with adversity, and is committed to serving your (public’s) interests over the government’s."
- Limiting Government
- Excerpt: "The government that governs least, based on the Constitution, governs best. I believe in policies that unlock individual potential and unleash economic growth and vitality. Entitlement programs only create a society of people who are dependent and indebted to government rather than a society that is self-sufficient and self-reliant."
- Individual Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I believe each person is responsible and accountable for the consequences of their own actions and, if one fails to live responsibly, it is that person’s duty to make restitution to restore honor and integrity to oneself and their society. It is also in society’s best interest to embrace the opportunity to help those in need."
- Fiscal Accountability, Responsibility & Efficiency
- Excerpt: "It is your right, and the right of every citizen, to know where your tax dollars are being spent and what you are getting for your money. We don’t need a budget that fits our government; we need a government that fits our budget. Government’s role is to assure the people that it is responsible to balance the budget by eliminating waste and reduce spending before raising any taxes."
Sabey ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 24. Sabey ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 25 incumbent Della Au Belatti (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 24, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Della Au Belatti Incumbent||69.7%||5,367|
|Republican||Isaiah Kauka Sabey||30.3%||2,334|
Sabey has a wife, Hee Soon, and two children, Isaiah Jr. and Hannah.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Isaiah + Kauka + Sabey + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Isaiah Kauka Sabey, "The Issues," accessed October 2, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Isaiah Kauka Sabey," accessed October 2, 2012