|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5|
Terry's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Education is key to the success of our future. Our children, our most valuable assets, deserve a globally competitive education. Reforming the education system including training programs for technology and green energy jobs. We can’t succeed as a state unless every Michigan student has access to a world-class education."
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I’ll work to ensure that the revenue sharing cuts that have devastated our local governments’ ability to provide essential services are reversed. We must find a better formula so that no community has to suffer from the devastating effects caused by the cuts made over recent years. Safe neighborhoods build strong communities."
- Excerpt: "Michigan seniors have spent their entire lives working to make Michigan a better place to live. As State Representive, I’ll continue working to repeal the pension tax and ensure that their service and dedication to this state is rewarded, not punished."
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will continue to fight to ensure that women’s health care is affordable, accessible, and that healthcare decisions are made in the doctor’s office, not in the Capitol Building. The only way to move Michigan forward is to create a state where all its citizens are given equal respect and treatment under our laws."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I’ll fight for the policies we know will help grow our economy: an increase in the minimum wage, encouraging business investment in our most underserved neighborhoods, and increased access to education at all levels especially skill trades that include green technology, and STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology and Math)."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Fred Durhal III defeated Cynthia Johnson and four others in the Democratic primary. Dorothy Patterson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Durhal defeated Patterson in the general election.
In 2014, Terry's endorsements included the following:
- Detroit Democratic Club
- 13th Congressional District
- The Mighty 14th Congressional
- Detroit Realtors Association
- Michigan Farm Bureau
- Women United For Michigan
- Detroit Ecumenical Ministries Alliance
- Detroit Walker's Voice Grassroot Organization
- Detroit Southwest Pride
- Declare Detroit
- The Walkers Grassroots Organization
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ishmail + Terry + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 5
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ishmail Terry on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- teamterry2014.com, "Issues," accessed July 21, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- teamterry2014.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 21, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |