|Alabama State Senate District 16|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||24|
|Senate Majority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham Southern College|
|J.D.||Birmingham School of Law|
|Birthday||January 8, 1937|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
|Profession||President, Birmingham Business Consultants LLC|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Waggoner received his B.A. from Birmingham Southern College and his J.D. from Birmingham School of Law.
Waggoner served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Banking and Insurance Committee
- Confirmations Committee Chair
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Health Committee
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee Chair
- Rules Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Cindy Bell is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent J.T. Waggoner is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Waggoner ran for re-election to the 16th District Seat in 2010. He won with no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Waggoner raised $318,100 for his campaign, while Parker raised $4,408.
|Alabama State Senate, District 16 (2006)|
|J.T. Waggoner (R)||34,196|
|Russ Parker (D)||9,789|
Waggoner raised $241,164 for his campaign.
In 2010, Waggoner raised $268,044 in contributions.
His seven largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$40,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$17,264|
|Alabama Retail Association||$12,500|
|Alabama Trucking Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
|Automobile Dealers Association Of Alabama||$10,000|
In 2006, Waggoner collected $318,100 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Forestry Association||$20,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$20,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$15,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$11,000|
Waggoner and his wife, Marilyn, have four children. They currently reside in Birmingham, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "J.T. + Waggoner + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator. J.T. Waggoner News Feed
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator J.T. "Jabo" Waggoner
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator J.T. 'Jabo' Waggoner (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2006
- 2002 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2002
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to J.T. Waggoner
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|