J. Brandon Bell, II
|J. Brandon Bell, II|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate District 19|
|Virginia State Senate|
|Place of birth||Charlottesville, VA|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Bell graduated from Mississippi State University. He served on the State Board of Education from 1996 to 2001. He then served in the Virginia Senate from 1991-1995. He is currently the owner of Bell Wealth Management.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 19 General Election, 2011|
|Independent||J. Brandon Bell, II Incumbent||43.4%||21,551|
Bell's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Creating jobs and economic development for Southwest Virginia will be my Number One Priority in the Virginia Senate. Small business is the backbone of our economy and the greatest source of new jobs."
- Tax Reform
- Excerpt: "Virginia’s tax code hasn’t been changed since the 1980′s. It’s outdated, unfair and needs to change."
- Excerpt: "We can no longer borrow and spend to fix our transportation problems. We need a new plan that addresses our needs in a fiscally responsible way."
- Electoral Reform
- Excerpt: "It’s time we took the power away from party bosses and give the voters real power to nominate our candidates. I will also introduce legislation to make our political process more fair and open to all."
- The Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "I believe in the right to bear arms and have always been a strong defender of the 2nd Amendment."
- Excerpt: "As the son of public school teachers and the parent of a child in public schools, I understand the importance of a quality education. I believe every child in Virginia deserves the best schools we can provide."
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life and have always voted to protect the sanctity of human life."
Bell and his wife, Debbie Hurley Bell, have two children.