J. Dennis O'Brien
|J. Dennis O'Brien|
|Minnesota Public Utilities Commission|
|February 7, 2008 - Present|
|January 6, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 7, 2008|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Master's||University of Minnesota School of Law|
Prior to his appointment, Dennis was a partner in the Littler Mendelson Law Firm. O'Brien began his legal career as a Special Assistant District Attorney General representing the State Department of Education and other State Education agencies.
He was a partner in the firm of LeFevere, Lefler, Kennedy, O’Brien and Drawz from 1969-1989 and was a partner at the Rider, Bennett Firm from 1989-2004. O’Brien was a registered lobbyist from 1969 through 1983 sessions of the Minnesota Legislature, principally working in the areas of school finance.
He is an adjunct member of the University of Minnesota College of Education and has also been a frequent lecturer at CLE seminars on labor relations matters, discrimination, and school law.
- University of Minnesota., B.A.
- University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D.
Public Utilities Commission (2008-Present)
O'Brien has served as Commissioner since February 7, 2008.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dennis + O'Brien + Minnesota"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Retirement of 2 older Sherco coal units to get study - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- College results - November 30 - Kansas City Star
- Even Flames' stay-at-home defencemen keeping shootout skills sharp - Calgary Herald
- "I married my childhood sweetheart" - Irish Independent
- Jeanne (LaVine) LaValley - Superior Telegram
- Lions lose LB Kline for rest of season - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- For mother of prisoner, death penalty issue in 'forefront of our lives' - National Catholic Reporter
- Douglas County public record - Superior Telegram
- District 2 grads look for bigger roles down the stretch - The Sunday Dispatch
- Monty Python: The Vinyl Years - MOJO (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Public Services Commissioner
- Minnesota Public Utilities Commission
- Governor of Minnesota
- Minnesota Secretary of State
|Minnesota Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|