J. Gilbert Seaux
|J. Gilbert Seaux|
|Board Member, Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Berkeley District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
was a former member of the Spotsylvania County School Board
where he held the Berkeley District seat. He ran for re-election, but he lost to challenger Erin Grampp
on November 5, 2013 in the general election.
- See also: Spotsylvania County Public Schools elections (2013)
|Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Berkeley District, 4-year term, 2013
|| Mark Marshall
|| J. Gilbert Seaux Incumbent
|| Write-in Votes
|Source: Spotsylvania County, Virginia, "November 2013 General Election Official Results," accessed December 12, 2013
Seaux was not endorsed in this campaign.
Seaux reported no contributions or expenditures to the Virginia State Board of Elections.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on the Spotsylvania County School Board on November 5, 2013. The Battlefield and Berkeley Districts were filled by new members, while Lee Hill District incumbent Amanda Blalock retained her seat.
About the district
- See also: Spotsylvania County Public Schools, Virginia
Spotsylvania County Public Schools is located in Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
Spotsylvania County Public Schools is located in Spotsylvania County, Virginia
. The county seat of Spotsylvania County is Spotsylvania Courthouse]. Spotsylvania County is home to 127,348 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau.
In the 2011-2012 school year, Spotsylvania County Public Schools was the 11th-largest school district
and served 23,817 students.
Spotsylvania County underperformed compared to the rest of Virginia in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.2 percent of Spotsylvania County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 35.2 percent for Virginia as a whole. The median household income in Spotsylvania County was $78,345 compared to $63,907 for the state of Virginia. The poverty rate in Spotsylvania County was 7.6 percent compared to 11.3 percent for the entire state.
| Racial Demographics, 2013
|| Spotsylvania County (%)
|| Virginia (%)
| Black or African American
| American Indian and Alaska Native
| Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
| Two or More Races
| Hispanic or Latino
| Presidential Voting Pattern, Spotsylvania County
|| Democratic Vote (%)
|| Republican Vote (%)
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "J. Gilbert + Seaux + Spotsylvania + County + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gilbert+Seaux+Spotsylvania+County+Public+Schools&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss J. Gilbert Seaux News Feed
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections Campaign Finance Reports," accessed December 18, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 United States Census Bureau, "Spotsylvania County, Virginia," accessed January 27, 2015
- ↑ National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- ↑ Virginia Department of Elections, "Election Results," accessed September 17, 2013
- ↑ United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- ↑ Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.