J. Paul Brown
|J. Paul Brown|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59|
|January 12, 2011-2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University|
|Place of birth||Four Corners|
J. Paul Brown is a former Republican member of the Colorado House of Representatives, representing District 59. He served in the chamber from 2011 to 2013. He was formerly a member of the La Plata County Commission and the Ignacio School Board of Directors.
Brown earned his B.S. in Animal Science from New Mexico State University. He is employed as a rancher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on these committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health, Insurance and Environment|
|• Transportation and Energy|
|• Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources|
Brown ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 59. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by Michael McLachlan (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||J. Paul Brown Incumbent||48.9%||20,715|
Siano ran in the 2010 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 59. Brown was uncontested in the August 10 Republican primary. He defeated Brian O'Donnell (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 59 General election (2010)|
|J. Paul Brown (R)||16,574|
|Brian O'Donnell (D)||13,555|
In 2010, Brown raised $60,636 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Colorado Rural Electric Association||$2,525|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado Small Donor Cmte||$2,000|
|The Caci Prosperity Fund||$1,000|
|Brown, J Paul||$1,000|
Brown and his wife Debbie have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term J. + Paul + Brown + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Roberts advances plan - The Durango Herald
- Death Penalty States Consider Reviving Firing Squads, Electrocutions, Gas ... - Huffington Post
- Tunisia finally passes progressive constitution - WBOC TV 16
- State's midwives eye law to permit legal deliveries - newszap.com
- Religious freedom and anti-bias bills announced at pro-traditional marriage ... - Deseret News
- Money tussle begins in District 59 - The Durango Herald
- Obama fund-raiser at ganja forum - Jamaica Observer
- California governor Jerry Brown proclaims a drought emergency - KERO-TV 23
- Mitch McConnell Aims To Torpedo EPA Carbon Rules With Obscure Legislative ... - Huffington Post
- Limits for Front Range lawns? - The Durango Herald
- J. Paul Brown's campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Colorado Secretary of State, - 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Colorado Secretary of State, Official Primary Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Ellen Roberts (R)
|Colorado House District 59
| Succeeded by|
Michael McLachlan (D)