J. Robert Brookens
|J. Robert Brookens|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 70|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brookens served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brookens served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, House of Representatives
Brookens refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Brookens has not sponsored any major legislation.
Brookens won re-election to the 70th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. In the August 3rd primary election, Brookens defeated Republican primary opponent Cheryl Green by a margin of 2,340 to 1,566. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 70|
|J. Robert Brookens (R)||7,658||100%|
In 2010, Brookens received $22,580 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to J. Robert Brookens's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Heavy Constructors Association||$500|
|Kansas National Education Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,580|
In 2008 Brookens collected $6,030 in donations.
His five largest contributors were:
|Kansas National Education Association||$750|
|Brookens, John W.||$500|
|Mark A. Nichols Dir. of Public Affairs Rock Industries Inc.||$500|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$500|
|Kansas Agribusiness Council||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Brookens + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - J. Robert Brookens
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Brookens Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member (dead link)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2008 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 31, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 70
| Succeeded by|
John E. Barker (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |