|Running for Montana State Senate, District 33|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 66|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 63|
|High school||CM Russell High School|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University, 1991|
|Birthday||January 26, 1967|
|Profession||Technical writer/graphic designer/web developer|
Pomnichowski served in the House previously, representing District 63 from 2007 to 2011.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pomnichowski served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish, Wildlife and Parks|
|• Legislative Administration|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Taxation, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pomnichowski served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Fish, Wildlife, and Parks|
|• Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. JP Pomnichowski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bryan Rogan was unopposed in the Republican primary. Joan Stanley is running as a Libertarian candidate. Incumbent Mike Phillips (D), who is not up for re-election, was reassigned to District 31 by redistricting.
Pomnichowski won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 66. Pomnichowski ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Dave Ponte (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
Pomnichowski ran for re-election to the District 63 seat in 2010. She did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. Tom Burnett ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Pomnichowski won the seat to the Montana House of Representatives for District 63, receiving 3,457 votes.
Pomnichowski raised $26,983 for her campaign.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 63|
|Jennifer Pomnichowski (D)||3,457|
|Tom Burnett (R)||3,233|
Comprehensive donor information for Pomnichowski is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Pomnichowski raised a total of $85,369 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Jennifer Pomnichowski's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 66||$9,659|
|2010||Montana House, District 63||$26,973|
|2008||Montana House, District 63||$26,983|
|2006||Montana House, District 63||$21,754|
|Grand Total Raised||$85,369|
2012Pomnichowski won election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Pomnichowski raised a total of $9,659.
|Florida House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jennifer Pomnichowski's campaign in 2012|
|Pomnichowski, Jennifer (JP)||$696|
|Vant Hull, Mary B.||$160|
|Staples, Mark C.||$160|
|SEIU Healthcare Local 775 NW||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$9,659|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
In 2014, Pomnichowski's endorsements include:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Pomnichowski + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- JP Pomnichowski on Facebook
- JP Pomnichowski on Blogger
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2008, 2006
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Montana Legislature, "House Committees, 2009," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 8, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Jennifer's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pomnichowski, Jennifer J P," accessed September 25, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
- Facebook, post by Re-Elect JP Pomnichowski, May 6, 2014
- Facebook, post by Re-Elect JP Pomnichowski, April 11, 2014
- Facebook, post by Re-Elect JP Pomnichowski, February 26, 2014
Mike Phillips (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|
|Montana House of Representatives District 63
| Succeeded by|
Tom Burnett (R)
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |