Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 5|
Armstrong's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I have so many plans for the fifth district in Detroit, you deserve someone who will be dedicated to making the necessary changes,proposals,requests,strategies for the betterment of our community. I would like to:
- Restore neighborhoods that look like war zones.
- Fight for after school programs that will benefit the children.
- Fight for programs that benefit homeowners to beautify their properties and keep them up.
- Help rid the unfair senior pension tax.
- Encourage neighborhood watches and block clubs to bring back stability and safety to all. "
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Fred Durhal III defeated Cynthia Johnson and four others in the Democratic primary. Dorothy Patterson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Durhal defeated Patterson in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ja'meka + Armstrong + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 5
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ja'meka Armstrong on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- senatorarmstrong.com, "Official campaign website," accessed July 21, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |