|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Daniel's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The education of students should be controlled by local stakeholders. We need to get rid of the unelected state Board of education and return the responsibility for curruculum, textbooks, and school management to county School Boards. I am totally opposed to Common Core as it is a Big Government takeover of our local schools."
- Excerpt: "Unlike my opponent, I support Constitutional Carry in Tennessee and will always support the right of the people to keep and bear arms. This is a fundamental right and proves whether an elected official takes his/her oath of office seriously."
- Excerpt: "Unlike my opponent, I am opposed to Obamacare and Medicaid expansion in Tennessee."
- Excerpt: "Unlike my opponent, I support limitations on cash payments to welfare recipients. These recipients should submit to drug testing or lose benefits. Taxpayers are being abused by tens of thousands of their neighbors and the Tennessee budget continues to skyrocket."
- Excerpt: "The U.S. Constitution has limited powers and needs to be enforced by the states against the massive federal overreach underway. I support the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that restricts the powers of Washington, D.C. and gives most powers to the states and the people."
- Excerpt: "I oppose state income taxes."
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Matthew Huffer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent David Alexander defeated Jack Daniel in the Republican primary. Huffer and Alexander will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jack + Daniel + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee House of Representatives District 39
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |