In May 2008, Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius appointed Pelton to chair the KEEP Commission, a group she established by executive order with the purpose of providing "recommendations to the Governor to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Kansas."
Pelton testified in favor of a property tax increase to build an aviation training facility that would benefit Cessna at an August 9, 2006 Sedgwick County Commission meeting. At a December 12, 2006 meeting of the Wichita City Council, Cessna applied for industrial revenue bonds that included an exemption from paying property tax on property purchased with IRB proceeds.
- Executive Order establishing the group
- Kansas group appointed to look at climate change, May 10, 2008, Lawrence Journal-World.
- Textron, "About Textron: Leadership: Biography"
- CBS News, "Diplomas for Sale," November 8, 2004
- Sedgwick County Commission minutes, August 9, 2006.
- "Wichita City Council minutes, December 12, 2006". http://www.wichita.gov/NR/rdonlyres/3473A38B-4248-4B6B-A5B8-0BA1B03E92D2/0/12122006Council_Minutes.pdf.