Jack J.D. Williams
|Jack J.D. Williams|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 47|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||Southeastern Bible College|
|Date of birth||September 7, 1957|
|Profession||Real Estate Consultant|
Williams currently works as a real estate consultant.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce and Small Business, Chair|
Williams served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Boards, Agencies and Commissions|
|• Children and Senior Advocacy, Chair|
|• Commerce and Small Business, Vice chair|
|• Jefferson County Legislation|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Salvatore Bambinelli was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jack Williams defeated David Wheeler in the Republican primary. Williams then defeated Bambinelli in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 47, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jack Williams Incumbent||72.7%||7,073|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 47 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jack Williams Incumbent||60.3%||2,624|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 47 General Election (2010)|
|Jack Williams (R)||8,735|
|Chip McCallum, III (I)||5,527|
Williams raised $147,034 for his campaign.
In 2010, Williams raised $294,743 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$29,306|
|Alabama Republican Party||$28,727|
|Alabama Republican Party||$23,131|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$21,000|
Below are William's top five campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Environmental Campaign Fund||$2,500|
|Business Council of Alabama||$2,000|
|Home Builders Assoc of Alabama||$1,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$1,000|
In 2006, Williams raised $147,034 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Republican Party||$14,948|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$9,169|
In 2010, Williams' endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Williams and his wife, Glenda, have two children.
He is a member of Fullness Christian Fellowship Committee, Alabama House of Representatives]], Chair of Board of Directors - Greater Birmingham Habitat for Humanity, and Chair of the Greater Birmingham Young Republicans.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of March 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jack + Williams + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Jack Williams
- Jack Williams Re-election site (Archived)
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Jack Williams on Facebook
- "Al.com," "VictoryLand owner Milton McGregor, Alabama lawmakers and others arrested in federal probe of state gambling legislation," October 4, 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Jack Williams
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012 (timed out)
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Williams
|Alabama House District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|