Jackson County is a county in Alabama. Its county seat is Scottsboro.
- Contact information for some of the Commissioners and other Officials is provided.
- Phone numbers for most of the Administrative offices are available, but contacts for specific officials are not all listed.
- Property tax information is available and can be paid online (there is no mention of other county taxes).
- No budgets are posted.
- No meetings minutes or agendas are posted.
- There is no information on building permits.
- No audits, contracts, or lobbying affiliations are listed.
- No information is provided on how to request public records using the Alabama Public Records Law.
Jackson County Commission Chairman James Tidmore has announced that the balance of the counties funds and debts will be disclosed to the public at the September 23, 2008 meeting. The county had previously been accused of withholding information from the public.