Jackson County School District Disabilities Levy Increase (August 2011)
This measure was defeated.
- YES 21
- NO 58 
- YES 5,233 (48.21%)
- NO 5,621 (51.79%)
This measure sought to increase the current school disability levy by a rate of $.77 per $1,000 of assessed property value for a period of twenty years in order to pay for the educational needs of disabled students in the district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall the current charter limitation on the annual property tax rate previously approved by the electors of Jackson County Intermediate School District, Michigan, for the education of students with a disability be increased by 0.7736 mill ($0.7736 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 20 years, 2011 to 2030, inclusive (this increase will allow the intermediate school district to levy the rate of 5.5 mills previously approved by the electors which has been reduced as required by the Michigan Constitution of 1963); the estimate of the revenue the intermediate school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2011 is approximately $3,365,000 from local property taxes authorized herein?|
- Calhoun County Elections, August Election Results
- Jackson County Elections, August Election Results
- Calhoun County Clerk, Jackson County School Proposal
- Eaton County Elections, Jackson Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.