Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 82|
Hunsanger's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As State Representative I would do everything I could to promote small businesses, manufacturing and agriculture in the county. I would vote against any regulations that would prevent jobs and obstruct economic growth in our county."
- Excerpt: "As the grandson of a dairy farmer, I understand the farming community, how vital they and their work is, and the support they deserve for their contributions to the rest of us. As they say, no farms means no food."
- Excerpt: "Through promoting good business relations and practicing, along with the I-69 Trade Corridor and other resources, Lapeer County’s manufacturing industry is set to grow and thrive with the right leadership. Making Lapeer County more attractive to businesses comes back to the issue of create more good jobs for local residents."
- Excerpt: "I would fight in Lansing to promote educational opportunities for Lapeer County students – through great programs like those at the Education and Technology Center – and that teachers and school staff are fairly compensated for their work teaching the next generation of Lapeer County citizens."
- Excerpt: "As a staunch conservative, I would do everything in my power as State Representative to ensure that taxpayers’ money is not being wasted in bureaucracy, frivolous spending or other waste. Instead of spending more and taxing more, there needs to be balanced budget plan for Michigan and Lapeer County – not just for today but for years to come."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Margaret Guerrero DeLuca defeated Immanuel Eickholdt in the Democratic primary. Todd Courser defeated Jacob Hunsanger, Jan Peabody and Sharna Smith in the Republican primary. Courser defeated DeLuca in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 82 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Margaret Guerrero DeLuca||44.9%||12,799|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 82 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Margaret Guerrero DeLuca||80.5%||2,326|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Hunsanger's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Sgt. Carl Braach, United States Marine Corps
- Staff Sgt. Stephen Bratcher, United States Air Force
- Tom McDonald, Retired GM Employee, Vietnam Veteran
- Wayne Jacobs, VFW Post 4139 Service Officer, former Chaplain; 40 et 8 Commander, Secretary; American Legion 40-year Member, Vietnam Veteran
- Gene Lawter, Former Lapeer County Republican Party Co-Chair, Retired General Motors Executive
- Kathryn Lawter, Chairman of the Board of Directors of McLaren Lapeer Region
- Mike Nolan, Owner of M-Nolan Farms Inc.
- Chief Dave Mallett, Metamora Township Police Chief
- Chris Eilersen, Retired Lapeer County Sheriff’s Deputy/Corrections Officer, Musician
- Lori Taylor, Lapeer Township Treasurer
- Julie Ann Caris, Jelly Beans & Smiles founder, Lapeer Kiwanis Club, Lapeer Gold & Diamond
- Holly Grzyb, Murphy Elementary PTC President, Girl Scout Leader
- Ken Hollingsworth, Healthcare Professional
- Laura Van Y, Murphy Elementary School Dean of Students
- Steve Starking, owner of Lapeer Gold & Diamond, Kiwanis Club
- Melissa Malcolm, Director of Lapeer District Library
- Jennifer Schenkel, President of Inspiring Hearts for Autism
- Gary Dixon, Owner of Calvelli’s Eatery & Spirits
- Greg Yoder, Executive Director of Mission Network News
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jacob + Hunsanger + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 82
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Jacob Hunsanger on Facebook
- Jacob Hunsanger on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- jacobhunsanger.com, "Where I Stand," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- jacobhunsanger.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 31, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |