|Virginia Commissioner of Insurance|
|January 1, 2011-present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Alfred W. Gross|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 1, 2011|
|Appointed by||Virginia State Corporation Commission|
|Deputy Commissioner, Life and Health Division|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
Cunningham has served the Virginia Bureau of Insurance continuously since 1993, including over six years as deputy commissioner of the bureau's life and health division prior to her appointment as commissioner.
Virginia Commissioner of Insurance (2011-present)
Cunningham first assumed office as insurance commissioner on January 1, 2011, succeeding Alfred W. Gross. She had been serving as deputy commissioner of the life and health division of the state insurance bureau at the time of her appointment. In her capacity as commissioner, Cunningham oversees compliance with Virginia's insurance laws, and leads the department's regulation of life and health insurance, home, fire, and auto insurance among other property and casualty lines of insurance.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jacqueline + Cunningham + Virginia + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Woman on the Spot: Jacqueline Cunningham - Bacon's Rebellion
- Va. Commisssioner of Insurance undecided on whether to reinstate canceled ... - WVEC.com (subscription)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Virginia State Corporation Commission, "Bureau of Insurance," accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ National Association of Insurance Commissioners, "Commissioner Bio - Virginia," accessed February 4, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Virginia State Corporation Commission, "Press release: SCC NAMES NEW COMMISSIONER OF INSURANCE; PROMOTES DEPUTY COMMISSIONER JACQUELINE CUNNINGHAM," December 1, 2010
Alfred W. Gross
|Virginia Commissioner of Insurance
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|