|U.S. House, Texas, District 16|
Perez's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Economy and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Americans are more concerned than ever before about the future of our economy. As a nation, we can't afford to continue borrowing 45 cents out of every dollar we spend. Balancing the budget will mean making corrections America needs to remain a free, prosperous, and secure nation."
- Spending and Deficit
- Excerpt: "Government spends too much because it competes with private sector which can, on its own, do a lot more. Trillion dollar deficits are the single greatest threat to our national security and well-being."
- Internet and Technology
- Excerpt: "An internet free of regulation and taxation has produced innovation and enhancements to the quality of life unparalleled in human history. It is one element of our modern economy that has been uniquely left free of government interference has created immeasurable and unique growth and transformation."
- Excerpt: "America is a land of immigrants. Legal immigration should focus on making it easier and simpler for willing workers to come here with a temporary work visa, pay taxes, contribute to society, and fill jobs as the market demands."
- Excerpt: "When President Obama first called for health care reform, he talked about reducing costs and increasing access to care. That laudable goal has resulted in unprecedented government mandates and tax increases."
Perez is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 16th District. Perez won the Libertarian Party nomination at the state convention in April 2014. He will face incumbent Beto O'Rourke (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Perez ran for Texas Railroad Commission in 2012. Incumbent Barry Smitherman, Greg Parker, Elizabeth Murphy-Kolb and Al Lee all sought the Republican nomination. Since no candidate won more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote getters - Smitherman and Parker - faced off in a runoff election on July 31, 2012, which Smitherman won.
|Texas Railroad Commissioner 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Barry Smitherman Incumbent||73.8%||4,537,625|
|Election Results via Texas Secretary of State.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jaime + Perez + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 16th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 16th Congressional District
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |