Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 45|
|Bachelor's||Hawaii Pacific University|
|Master's||Communication, Hawaii Pacific University, 2012|
|Birthday||September 23, 1980|
Bradshaw's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Supporting Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "I believe that government should be an active partner with businesses. As such, I will cosponsor legislation and initiatives that will support small businesses, particularly working with appropriate city, state, and federal agencies to maximize access to credit, as well as increased opportunities for business development and counseling."
- Supporting Local Farmers
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will support investment in the local farm industry. Policies like tax subsidies and credit, low-interest agricultural loans, and crop insurance will not only help increase local food production and job opportunities for our families, friends, and neighbors, it will bolster our food security because we can then rely less on imported food."
- Investment in Renewable Energy
- Excerpt: "The State Legislature is considering granting more regulatory and enforcement authority to the Public Utilities Commission “PUC” (via Senate Bill 99, introduced during the 2011 Legislative Session). Such a move would grant more authority to the PUC to help expedite Hawaii’s move towards a sustainable energy future. I support giving PUC more authority. Furthermore, I will be a staunch advocate for increased investment in renewable energy and sustainable energy practices."
- Sustainable Growth
- Excerpt: "While we need to preserve the unique environment of the North Shore, we need to invest wisely and properly in necessary infrastructure and community based development. I will work closely with community members and stakeholders to preserve and protect necessary agricultural lands while exploring options for sensible, sustainable growth."
- Excerpt: "The recently appointed Board of Education has embarked on significant reforms and changes to the Department of Education, including a strategic reorganization and consolidation of its departments. I will continue to support public education and work closely with the Board of Education to ensure that statewide educational policies are those that educate our children to be able to compete in the global 21st century."
Bradshaw ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 45. Bradshaw defeated Ollie Lunasco in the August 11 Democratic primary and was defeated by Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto||50.8%||2,626|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Bradshaw has a wife, Laurie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jake + Bradshaw + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jake Bradshaw, "Bradshaw on the Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Jake Bradshaw," accessed October 3, 2012