|U.S. House, Florida, District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida|
|J.D.||Stetson Law School|
Born and raised in Alachua County, Florida, Rush became high school class president and was appointed to West Point Military Academy by Congress. He earned his B.A. in classical studies from the University of Florida and went on to earn his J.D. from Stetson Law School.
Rush listed the following themes on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I am for a full repeal of Obamacare and a free market health care system."
Taxation of small businesses
- Excerpt: "The red tape small businesses suffer crushes economic growth in our district. I would like to create a new designation that accurately reflects hometown businesses so they're removed from the same category as those with 500 employees."
- Excerpt: "America must maintain a proactive foreign policy and strong military, not turn to isolationism and hope as a strategy."
- Excerpt: "I am completely opposed to any type of abortion funded by taxpayer money."
- Excerpt: "I believe the answer to the illegal immigration is that we must enforce the current laws. Enforcement begins with securing our borders and observing our laws. The failure of the U.S. House to demand enforcement of the immigration system is hurting our economy and damaging the rule of law. However, for those that serve in our military, there should be an opportunity for citizenship. We must also reform our immigration laws to allow the United States economy to capture the productivity of foreign nationals that pursue advanced degrees at our Universities and wish to remain, rather than exporting this knowledge and labor."
- Excerpt: "As a former law enforcement officer I recognize the importance of the second amendment right to bear arms. This guarantee is fundamental to our individual freedom and must be protected. I am a proud gun owner and member of the NRA."
- Excerpt: "We must simplify the tax code and lower the base income tax rates in order to stimulate job growth and our economy. I find it offensive that the IRS operates on 'guilty until proven innocent' and we know it's ripe for abuse."
|U.S. House, Florida District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ted Yoho Incumbent||79.4%||37,486|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
|Jake Rush (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$201,741||$(44,483)||$157,258|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jake + Rush + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 3rd Congressional District
- Jake Rush for Congress, "Home," accessed February 11, 2014
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed April 16, 2014
- Associated Press, "Primary Results 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on July 1, 2014
- Jake Rush for Congress, "Issues," accessed July 21, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Jake Rush 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |