For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
James Brown (Connecticut)
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Newton High School, 1987|
|Bachelor's||University of Connecticut, 1991|
Brown graduated from the University of Connecticut in 1991 with a B.S. in mathematics. He completed the Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates the following year. Brown taught high school math from 1992 until 2013. He also coached track and cross country. In 2007, he received his M.S. in mathematics education from SCSU.
Brown's campaign website listed the following issues:
—James Brown's campaign website, http://www.jamesbrownforcongress.com/james_brown_for_congress/home.html#!platform/c1flq
Brown ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Connecticut's 3rd District. He defeated Steve Packard in the GOP convention on May 16, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Rosa DeLauro (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Rosa DeLauro Incumbent||66.8%||136,610|
|Source: Connecticut Secretary of State (100% reporting) Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
|James Brown (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$4,969||$6,355||$(3,103)||$8,220|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$8,220||$0||$(0)||$8,220|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Brown + Connecticut + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Connecticut's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Connecticut's 3rd Congressional District
- Campaign website, "Home," accessed June 6, 2014
- Campaign website, "Meet James," accessed July 14, 2014
- Campaign website, "Platform," accessed July 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "General election candidates," accessed August 12, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "James Brown July Quarterly," accessed July 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "James Brown October Quarterly," accessed October 22, 2014