For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 83|
Brownlow was a Democratic candidate in the special election for the Wisconsin State Assembly, District 83. Brownlow ran to fill the vacancy created when Scott Gunderson (R) resigned to serve as the executive assistant at the Department of Natural Resources.
Brownlow is a retired librarian who worked in the Muskego Norway School District for 32 years. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Madison where he received a Bachelor's of Science and Master's in Library Science. Brownlow currently volunteers as a tax preparer for the elderly and indigent. He is married and has two children.
On his 2011 campaign site, Brownlow detailed his policy goals:
- "With your support, I would like to carry the fight for hard-working, middle class families to Madison. Along with many of you in the 83d Assembly District, I've struggled to make ends meet, to raise my children, to make my house payments. Meanwhile, I watched so many family-supporting jobs leave our area. I've seen the foreclosure signs, the moving trucks and the empty homes. I think that the time has finally come to bring common-sense back to our state government. With your help and your vote, I believe we can put Wisconsin back on the road to hope and prosperity."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Brownlow ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 83. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Dave Craig (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 83, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dave Craig Incumbent||69.7%||23,034|
Brownlow for Assembly
P. O. Box 542
Muskego, WI 53150
Phone: (414) 748-8300
Email: To email the campaign, use the form here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Brownlow + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- WKBT "3 Wis. lawmakers bid adieu to take jobs with gov," January 3, 2011
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012 (dead link)
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Governor Orders Special Elections for Three Assembly Seats," February 23, 2011
- The Journal Times, "Two candidates running for Rep. Gunderson’s seat - May 3 election," March 29, 2011
- Daily Journal, "Republican Craig defeats Brownlow for Assembly seat in southeast Wisconsin district," May 03, 2011