Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts State Senate First Middlesex District|
|High school||St. John's Prep|
|Years of service||1974-1985|
|Place of birth||Peabody, MA|
Buba is an 11-year veteran of the United States Air Force, where he served as a linguist in the Middle East.
Buba's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Both plans are mandates to purchase a commercial product. This flies in the face of Liberty and choice, and on that basis alone we should repeal them and start again with the goal of reducing costs."
- Excerpt:"Further, while the bonds seem to sell well, they represent a long-term debt that must be paid. Curbing the Authorities bond rights will cap this debt and avoid future tax increases."
- Excerpt:"Massachusetts is not competitive with New Hampshire in this regard and for that simple matter, people from across the state think nothing of driving the few extra miles to make that savings."
- Excerpt:"Legislation, activism, Unionization and insurance have all contributed to the reduction of jobs outside of the public sector in the Commonwealth."
- Excerpt:"As State Senator, my promise is to direct the staff to identify weaknesses or loopholes and lobby my colleagues to re-engineer the laws to retain the balance which controls the cost and eliminates the waste, fraud and abuse."
Buba ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate First Middlesex District. Buba was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and was defeated by Eileen Donoghue (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, First Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eileen Donoghue Incumbent||71.2%||44,177|
Buba lost election to the First Middlesex District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He was defeated by the winner of the Democratic primary in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Buba and his wife Cecile have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Buba + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- James Buba on Facebook
- James Buba on LinkedIn