|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|M.D.||University of Kentucky Medical School|
Buckmaster was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 1st Congressional District of Kentucky. He was defeated by Charles Kendall Hatchett in the Democratic primary on May 22, 2012.
- Brescia University in Owensboro, Kentucky, Biology
- University of Kentucky Medical School
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent David A. Watkins will face James Buckmaster in the Democratic primary, while Paul A. DeSpain is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Buckmaster ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Kentucky's 1st District. Buckmaster sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Buckmaster was defeated by Charles Kendall Hatchett in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ed Whitfield ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were initially required to file by the signature filing deadline of January 31, 2012. However because the legislature was unable to complete new redistricting maps on time, the deadline was pushed back one week, until February 7, 2012. The primary elections were held on May 22, 2012.
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Charles Kendall Hatchett||59.1%||19,127|
- Kentucky's 1st Congressional District
- Kentucky's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Buckmaster + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Candidate List," accessed January 29, 2014
- WLKY "Election Results" Accessed May 22, 2012
- Buckmaster for Congress "Biography" Accessedf February 24, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State "Candidate Filings" Accessed January 31, 2012
- Courier Press "Judge to rule by Tuesday on Kentucky legislative filing deadline," January 30, 2012
- Kentucky.com "Lawmakers move to postpone congressional deadline," January 27, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"