For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11|
|Bachelor's||Brescia University, 1980|
|M.D.||University of Kentucky, 1984|
|Date of birth||September 3, 1958|
|Place of birth||Henderson, Kentucky|
Buckmaster was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 1st Congressional District of Kentucky. He was defeated by Charles Kendall Hatchett in the Democratic primary on May 22, 2012.
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent David A. Watkins defeated James Buckmaster in the Democratic primary, while Paul A. DeSpain ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Watkins defeated DeSpain in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||David Watkins Incumbent||63.5%||8,435|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|David Watkins Incumbent||61.4%||2,746|
Buckmaster ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Kentucky's 1st District. Buckmaster sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Buckmaster was defeated by Charles Kendall Hatchett in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ed Whitfield ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were initially required to file by the signature filing deadline of January 31, 2012. However because the legislature was unable to complete new redistricting maps on time, the deadline was pushed back one week, until February 7, 2012. The primary elections were held on May 22, 2012.
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 1 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Charles Kendall Hatchett||59.1%||19,127|
Buckmaster and his wife, Marcia, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Buckmaster + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House of Representatives District 11
- Kentucky House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kentucky State Legislature
- Kentucky's 1st Congressional District
- Kentucky's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- Official campaign website (2012)
- James Buckmaster on Twitter
- James Buckmaster on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- WLKY "Election Results" accessed May 22, 2012
- Buckmaster for Congress, "Biography," accessed February 24, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "James Buckmaster's Biography," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings" accessed January 31, 2012
- Courier Press, "Judge to rule by Tuesday on Kentucky legislative filing deadline," January 30, 2012
- Kentucky.com, "Lawmakers move to postpone congressional deadline," January 27, 2012
- Kentucky Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |