|Alabama House of Representatives District 99|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||38|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Master's||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|Other||EdS, University of Colorado, Boulder|
|Birthday||April 10, 1937|
|Place of birth||Greenville, AL|
|Profession||Organizer, Commonwealth National Bank|
Buskey professional experience includes working as an organizer at Commonwealth National Bank and director of the Franklin Memorial Clinic. He previously served as principal of E.S. Chestang Middle School, assistant principal at LeFlore High School and assistant principal at Williamson High School.
Buskey served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Consent Calendars, Chair
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on K-12 Appropriations
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent James Buskey defeated Henry Haseeb in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 99 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|James Buskey Incumbent||72.7%||2,301|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 99 General Election (2010)|
|James Buskey (D)||8,554|
|Rashawn Figures (I)||1,800|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 99 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|James Buskey (D)||2,952|
|Henry Haseeb (D)||996|
Buskey raised $77,749 for his campaign.
In 2010, Buskey raised $129,584 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$15,000|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$7,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$7,368|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$6,000|
In 2006, Buskey collected $77,749 in donations.
Below are Buskey's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$3,000|
|Milton E McGregor||$3,000|
Buskey has a wife, Virginia.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of October 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Buskey + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - James Buskey
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Democratic primary results and runoff candidates," June 11, 2010
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Buskey
|Alabama House District 99
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|