|Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission|
|1979 - 1985, 2005 - Present|
|March 31, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||8|
|Years in position (previous service)||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||April 25, 2005|
|Appointed by||Gov. Ed Rendell (D)|
|Bachelor's||St. Bonaventure University (1967)|
|J.D.||Notre Dame Law School (1970)|
Cawley began his legal career in 1970 as a law clerk serving Judge Glenn E. Mencer Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. He was then appointed Majority Counsel to the Pennsylvania Senate Consumer Affairs Committee. In 1977, he was appointed Chief Counsel to the Senate Majority Floor Leader. Cawley was then appointed to the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, serving from November 1979 until September 1985. He returned to practicing law until rejoining the Commission in 2005.
Cawley currently serves as Adjunct Professor of Administrative Law at Widener University School of Law. On January 27, 2010, he was appointed by the Federal Communications Commission to serve on the Federal-State Joint Board for Universal Service created by Congress to ensure the availability of telecommunications services throughout the country.
- Graduate, St. Bonaventure University, 1967
- JD, Notre Dame Law School, 1970
Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (1979-1985, 2005-present)
Cawley first served on the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission from November 1979 to September 1985. He was again appointed to the Commission in 2005 and has served ever since.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Cawley + Pennsylvania"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- PA GOP Hires New Comms Director - PoliticsPA
- Influential conservative group tells GOP to oppose Corbettcare: Wednesday ... - PennLive.com (blog)
- LOWMAN HENRY: Pa. legislators afraid of reforms - The Mercury
- State Capitol Lights up for Holiday - YourErie
- No immediate decision on former Philadelphia psychiatrist's bid for release ... - Penn Live
- Federal regulator OKs Peoples Gas' acquisition of Equitable Gas - Tribune-Review
- Compassion vs. justice?: Murderer Lois Farquharson, 88, seeks clemency after ... - Patriot-News
- Pennsylvania should choose the un-COLA - The Intelligencer
- Transportation funding in gear - Altoona Mirror
- Pa. lawmakers get a .25 percent pay bump - Penn Live
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ puc.state.PA.us, "Commissioner James H. Cawley," accessed September 20, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, " James H. Cawley," accessed March 4, 2013
- ↑ Red Orbit, "Governor Rendell Nominates John Hanger for DEP Secretary; Appoints James Cawley PUC Chairman," August 19, 2008
|Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
| Succeeded by|