Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Appointed by:||James Blanchard|
|Active:||1990 - 1/1/2017|
|Past post:||Detroit Recorder's Court Judge|
|Past term:||1983 - 1990|
|Undergraduate:||University of Detroit Mercy|
|Law School:||University of Detroit Mercy|
Biography and Education
Chylinski began his career as a private practice lawyer. He then worked for the Wayne County Prosectors Office as a trial lawyer for six years before becoming a judge of the 36th District Court in 1981. He then served as a judge of the Detroit Recorder's Court from 1983 until he was appointed to the circuit court bench in 1990.
- Main article: Michigan judicial elections, 2010
2000-2001 No Oath of Office
- Main article: No Oath of Office Recorded 
According to the Office of the Great Seal of Michigan, Judge Chylinski had no Oath on file for the years, 2000 and 2001, as required by the Michigan State Constitution of 1963.
- 3rd Circuit
- Michigan 2010 Unofficial General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court
- List of Michigan Circuit Courts
- Leauge of Women Voters, "2010 Non-Partisan Voter Guide: Judges of the Third Circuit Court (dead link)
- Martindale.com: Judge Profile:James R. Chylinski"
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, "Chylinski, James R. (free version)"