|Running for Maine State Senate, District 5|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 14|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Maine|
|Master's||University of Maine|
Dill earned his B.S. in Biology from the University of Maine, his M.S. in Entomology from the University of Maine, and his Ph.D. in Entomology from Purdue University. His professional experience includes working as a professor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dill served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dill served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. James Dill defeated Herbert Clark in the Democratic primary. Wanda Lincoln was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards. Dill faces replacement Republican candidate Mitchell McLaughlin in the general election.
|Maine State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Dill won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 14. Dill ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Carol Klitch (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||James Dill Incumbent||65.6%||2,577|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 14 (2010)|
|James Dill (D)||1,964||62%|
|Daniel Phillips (R)||1,093||34%|
Dill defeated incumbent Richard Blanchard in the June 8 Democratic primary by a margin of 512-329. Blanchard was seeking his fourth term. Dill faced Daniel Phillips (R) in the general election on November 2.
Comprehensive donor information for Dill is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dill raised a total of $10,746 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|James Dill's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 14||$6,395|
|2010||Maine State House, District 14||$4,351|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,746|
2012Dill won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dill raised a total of $6,395.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Dill's campaign in 2012|
|Dill, James Frederick||$608|
|Maine Society of Anesthesiologists||$350|
|Maine Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons||$350|
|Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity||$338|
|Maine State Employees Association Local 1989||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,395|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Dill raised $4,351 in contributions.
He contributed the most to his campaign, $1,741.
Dill and his wife, Jane, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term James + Dill + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. James Dill
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Dill, James F," accessed September 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Richard Blanchard (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |