James Fouts and Paul Wojno recall, Warren, Michigan (2014)
Recall proponent arguments
Recall proponent and Warren resident Karen Spranger alleged that Fouts "abused city operations and threatened employees with violence." She further contended that Wojno failed to maintain all "necessary" city records and neglected to properly train poll workers.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Michigan
Spranger submitted petition language to the Macomb County Clerk's Office on April 1, 2014. The Macomb County Election Commission held a clarity hearing on the petition language on April 15, 2014. The board voted 3-0 to reject the petition language. Spranger indicated at the time that she would submit new petition language.
On May 21, 2014, the Macomb County Election Commission voted against Spranger's new petition language. Spranger said she intended to file petition language against Fouts a third time, but would drop proceedings against Wojno. On May 23, 2014, Spranger filed new petition language against Fouts. On June 10, 2014, the election commission once again rejected Spranger's petition language.
- Daily Tribune, "Warren Mayor James Fouts, Clerk Paul Wojno targeted for recall," April 2, 2014
- The Daily Tribune, "Recall wording against Warren's mayor, clerk nixed again," May 21, 2014
- The Daily Tribune, "Recall language against Warren's mayor, clerk rejected," April 15, 2014
- The Detroit Free Press, "Warren resident makes third try in attempt to recall Mayor Fouts," May 23, 2014
- The Daily Tribune, "Panel rejects recall language targeting Warren Mayor James Fouts," June 10, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |