Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 109|
|High school||Benton Area Jr./Sr. High School, 1992|
|Bachelor's||Franklin Pierce College|
|Master's||University of Glasgow, Scotland, 2002|
Geffken earned his B.A. in anthropology with a minor in environmental studies from Franklin Pierce College and his Master of Philosophy Degree from the University of Glasgow, Scotland in 2002.
Geffken's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Should be done through a citizens' commission (not in the Legislature)."
- Excerpt:"Should be four year terms with a three term limit (12 total years)."
- Excerpt:"No one should spend more money trying to get into office than 1/2 of what the job pays in annual salary. Anyone doing this is taking too much lobbyist money or does not understand basic math and financial sense. If I am fortunate enough to receive your vote, please rest assure that neither of the above will be issues."
Size of the State House
- Excerpt:"A citizens' commission should also be utilized to increase the constituency per district at the time of reapportionment. If the number of people per representative was increased, the number of districts and representatives could be cut. (If 100 state representatives were cut out of the House at an average pay plus benefits and expenses of $100,000, the State would save $10,000,000 annually.)"
- Excerpt:"The State University System needs to be fully funded at a level that makes higher education financially accessible to everyone. Money should be redistributed, with the current high allocations to Penn State, Pitt, Temple and Lincoln cut back and given equally to the less funded institutions including the 109ths' own Bloomsburg University."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 109 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Geffken and his wife, Abbey, have two children; Gabriel and Avery.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Geffken + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |