|Michigan House of Representatives, District 102|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Great Lakes Christian College|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
Although born in Mason, Michigan, Higgs grew up in Puerto Rico. After returning to the United States at age 14, he graduated from high school in Atlanta, Georgia. He went on to earn his bachelor's degree in Ministry from Great Lakes Christian College. He then earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Cooley Law School.
Professionally, Higgs practices estate planning, long term care planning, real estate transaction, probate and business organization and formation.
Higgs submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I am a fiscal and social conservative, and I believe in bringing common sense budgeting principals to the State budgeting process.||”|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. John Ruggles is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Phil Potvin is challenged by James Higgs in the Republican primary.
Higgs and his wife, Becky, live in Barryton, Michigan. They have three children.Cite error: Invalid
invalid names, e.g. too many
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Higgs + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 102
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- James Higgs: House of Representatives, "About," accessed June 3, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 2, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |