For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 102|
|Bachelor's||Great Lakes Christian College|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
Although born in Mason, Michigan, Higgs grew up in Puerto Rico. After returning to the United States at age 14, he graduated from high school in Atlanta, Georgia. He earned his B.S. in Ministry from Great Lakes Christian College and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Cooley Law School. His professional experience includes working in the fields of estate planning, long term care planning, real estate transaction, probate and business organization and formation.
Higgs submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I am a fiscal and social conservative, and I believe in bringing common sense budgeting principals to the State budgeting process.||”|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. John Ruggles was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Phil Potvin defeated James Higgs in the Republican primary. Potvin then defeated Ruggles in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 102 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Phil Potvin Incumbent||60.1%||14,717|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 102 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Phil Potvin Incumbent||67.1%||5,242|
Higgs and his wife, Becky, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Higgs + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 102
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- James Higgs: House of Representatives, "About," accessed June 3, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 2, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |