|U.S. House, California, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
is a 2014 Independent
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 5th Congressional District
Hinton's campaign website lists the following issues:
- War on Drugs: "Remove cannabis from the controlled substance act. It is the most medicinal plant on earth. Promote how using organic cannabis responsibly we can begin naturally healing people who suffer not just from the biggest killer, stress, but many other common afflictions such as psoriasis, arthritis and headaches. There are all natural organic topicals that can be applied to the skin that actually work, with no harmful side effects unlike the drugs advertised by our media."
- Pri$on$: "Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates. It is expected that by the coming decade, the number will hit 360,000, according to reports. “The private contracting of prisoners for work fosters incentives to lock people up. Prisons depend on this income. Corporate stockholders who make money off prisoners’ work lobby for longer sentences, in order to expand their workforce. The system feeds itself,” says a study by the Progressive Labor Party, which accuses the prison industry of being “an imitation of Nazi Germany with respect to forced slave labor and concentration camps.”"
- Tax Code: "Simplify our tax code- It has grown from 400 pages at its inception to 74,000 and counting. Give me a break! This is way too complicated. No one should be burdened with so many regulations."
- Veterans: "You fought for me, now let me fight for you. With massive up-grades to Military Hospitals and Veterans’ Administration Hospitals. No cutting benefits on our Veterans! Nearly one in five veterans suffer from substance abuse and PTSD. Veterans need access to treatment. 18 veterans commit suicide every day. On any given night, 300,000 veterans are homeless and more than 76% of these vets suffer from substance abuse or a mental health disorder. As many as 35% of wounded troops are addicted to pain medication."
- Obama Care: "The Affordable Health Care Act is a great Idea. However this version is not affordable. Fining a person into submission because he or she doesn’t want Corporate Health Care is Unconstitutional. We need to stop fighting over the acts legality. We need health care. However 99% of us want affordable, quality health care. We want single payer health care. Get rid of third party parasites in our health care system. Money should go from the patient to the doctor/pharmacist, not to a black hole of corporate lobbyist/drug dealers."
—James Hinton's campaign website, http://www.jameshinton.org/issues.htm
- See also: California's 5th Congressional District elections, 2014
Hinton is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 5th District. Hinton advanced past the blanket primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 5 Primary, 2014
Mike Thompson Incumbent
|| Douglas Van Raam
|Source: California Secretary of State
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term James + Hinton + California + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
James Hinton News Feed