Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 59|
Kenyon has owned and operated his own veterinary practice for 30 years. He served as a Major in the United States Army and was later a member of the Reserves for 13 years.
Kenyon's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"From my 20 years on the Cedar Falls Board of Education working with the best and brightest administrators and teachers to make sound decisions for our children’s education. "
- Excerpt:"From my 30 years business experience learning the significance of development, change, taxation, health care, employer leadership, and customer and employee needs."
- Excerpt:"Supporting the University and all it provides for our community. As a local Cedar Falls resident, our city planning, utilities, recreational, environmental and economic developments have made this a 'place to call home.'"
Kenyon ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 59. Kenyon defeated Howard W. Lyon, Jr. in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Bob Kressig (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bob Kressig Incumbent||57%||8,762|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 59 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Howard Lyon, Jr.||27.3%||219|
Kenyon and Cynthia, his wife of 41 years, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Kenyon + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- James Kenyon on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |