|Colorado House of Representatives District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kerr served on these committees:
- Health and Environment Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Legislative Audit Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- Legislative Council Committee, Colorado General Assembly
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado House of Representatives, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kerr served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee
- Health and Human Services Committee
- Health and Human Services
- Legislative Audit
Kerr did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Kerr's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1024 - Local Gov Audit Law Mod
- HB 09-1146 - Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- HB 09-1212 - Temp Inc Tax Credit For New Home Buyers
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Kerr was unable to seek re-election in 2012 due to term limits.
Kerr ran for re-election to the 28th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Kerr defeated Steve Harvey (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 28 General election (2010)|
|James Kerr (R)||18,411|
|Steve Harvey (D)||10,720|
Kerr raised $28,732 for his campaign, while Dittemore raised $12,575.
|Colorado State House, District 28 (2008)|
|James Kerr (R)||21,789|
|Tom Dittemore (D)||15,333|
In 2010, Kerr raised $15,567 in contributions.
His largest contributor was the Colorado Association of Realtors Small Donor Committee, which donated $1,000 to his campaign.
Below are Jim Kerr's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry||$500|
|House Republican Fund||$400|
|Associated Builders and Contractors||$400|
Kerr and his wife, Patsy, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Kerr + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006
- Official Campaign Website
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 4, 2012
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 28
| Succeeded by|
Brittany Pettersen (D)