James L. Butler
|Former candidate for|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Butler's professional experience includes serving as a patrol officer for the Des Moines Police Department.
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Scott Ourth was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while James L. Butler defeated Eric Durbin in the Republican primary. Ourth faced Butler in the general election. Incumbent Ourth defeated Butler in the general election, and will maintain his seat.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2014|
|James L. Butler||51.9%||683|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Butler + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- James L. Butler on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Iowa Secretary of State - Official primary election candidate list
- James Butler campaign website, "About," accessed May 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |