James Lewis (Indiana)
|Indiana State Senate District 45|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Lewis was a Charleston City Councilman from 1959 to 1968. He served in the Indiana House of Representatives from 1970 to 1972. He was also a Clark County Councilman from 1980 to 1982. He served in the Indiana State Senate from 1974 to 1978 and again from 1986 to the present.
Lewis is a retired Building Contractor for the Lewis Construction Company.
Lewis attended Purdue University.
- Agriculture and Small Business Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Appointments and Claims Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Homeland Security, Transportation & Veterans Affairs Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Indiana State Senate
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2010
In the May 4 primary election, Lewis ran unopposed. 
|Indiana State Senate, District 45 (2006)|
|James Lewis (D)||24,597|
|Floyd Coates (R)||16,886|
In 2006, Lewis collected $65,717 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$3,000|
|Indiana Farm Bureau||$3,000|
|Indiana State Medical Association||$2,600|
|Indiana Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors||$2,500|
|Indiana Statewide Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives||$2,300|
|National Federation of Independent Business||$1,300|
|Indiana Motor Truck Association||$1,300|
|Indiana Hospital Association||$1,100|
|Community Bankers Association of Indiana||$1,100|
|Indiana Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Indiana Builders Association||$1,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$1,000|
Lewis and his wife, Anna Mae, have three children.
- Official Indiana State Senate website of James Lewis
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1994
- James Lewis on Facebook
|Indiana State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|