For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 119|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Maroney served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Employment Advancement|
|• Insurance and Real Estate|
|• Public Health|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent James Maroney was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Pam Staneski was unopposed in the Republican primary. Maroney was defeated by Staneski in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 119 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||James Maroney Incumbent||49.1%||4,272|
Maroney ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 119. Maroney ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated Pam Staneski (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 119, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Maroney is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Maroney raised a total of $32,875 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|James Maroney's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 119||$32,875|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,875|
2012Maroney won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Maroney raised a total of $32,875.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Maroney's campaign in 2012|
|Barrett, John E.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,875|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "issues important to Connecticut's working men and women."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key environmental bills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Maroney + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- James Maroney on Facebook
- James Maroney on Twitter account
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Maroney, James," accessed September 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Richard Roy (D)
|Connecticut House of Representatives 119
| Succeeded by|
Pam Staneski (R)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |