|Illinois State Senate District 15|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Birthday||August 4, 1956|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Meeks graduated from Bishop College with his Bachelor's degree in Religious Studies. In addition to being a full-time Senator, Meeks is a Pastor.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Meeks served on these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Amendments (Revenue), Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Meeks served on these committees:
|Illinois State Senate, District 15 (2008)|
|James Meeks (D)||72,950|
In 2008, Meeks collected $61,785 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Ariel Capital Management||$6,000|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$3,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Capri Capital Partners||$2,500|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$2,000|
|Painters District Council 14||$1,500|
|CIT Recovery Inc.||$1,500|
|Odelson & Sterk LTD||$1,500|
|Collectors Training Institute||$1,500|
|Direct Sound Advantage||$1,000|
|State Universities Annuitants Association||$1,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Meeks received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Meeks + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois legislature approves gay marriage - World Magazine
- Illinois governor signs same-sex marriage into law - New York Daily News
- Midday Roundup: Illinois approves gay marriage - World Magazine
- Locals support Republican candidate for state treasurer - Kankakee Daily Journal
- Local church leaders oppose gay marriage act - nwitimes.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Meeks represented Illinois Senate District 15. District 15 included the South Chicago suburbs near the Indiana border.
James is married to Janelle Meeks. They have four children and resides in Chicago, Illinois.
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Facebook
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Profile at Wikipedia
- James Meeks for Mayor on Twitter
- ↑ WLS-TV 7 "Meeks, Davis in race for Chicago mayor", November 14, 2010
- ↑ ABC 7 Chicago "Meeks drops out of mayor's race", December 23, 2010
- ↑ "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- ↑ Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- ↑ Meeks Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|
Napoleon Harris (D)