James Michael Bowers
|James Michael Bowers|
|Former candidate for|
|Nebraska State Senate, District 46|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Northeast High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska|
|Master's||Florida State University|
Bowers' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will work diligently to ensure that education funding is distributed equitably and the formula used is consistent from year to year so that our schools have dependable budgets and every opportunity to serve our children successfully."
Employment And Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "I believe the key to economic prosperity is through working with current businesses to maximize growth opportunities; and also to ensure we are encouraging them to stay in the district with fair and reasonable state rules and licensing regulations. I am also committed to revitalizing areas of the district with new businesses to bring jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities for small business owners."
Legislative Ethics Committee
- Excerpt: "If elected I will push to start a Legislative Ethics Committee that would review moral, ethical, and legal issues that come up during a term of service for state Senators and would make recommendations for disciplinary action as appropriate."
Common Sense Solutions
- Excerpt: "I support allowing same sex couples and LGBT individuals to be approved as foster care parents."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nebraska State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 13, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for challengers wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014, two days after the statutory deadline, which fell on a Saturday. Incumbents were required to file for election by February 18, 2014, three days after the statutory deadline, which fell on the Saturday prior to Presidents Day. Adam Morfeld and James Michael Bowers defeated Hunter Paneitz in the primary election. Morfeld defeated Bowers in the general election.
|Nebraska State Senate District 46, General Election, 2014|
|Independent||James Michael Bowers||31.7%||1,427|
|Nebraska State Senate, District 46 Non-Partisan Primary, 2014|
|James Michael Bowers||30%||859|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Michael + Bowers + Nebraska + Legislature"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- James Michael Bowers on Facebook
- James Michael Bowers on Twitter