|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 20|
|Bachelor's||Western Oregon University|
|Service/branch||Oregon Air National Guard|
|Profession||Small business owner|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Owens earned his B.S. in Economics from Western Oregon University. His professional experience includes owning his own small business. He serves in the Oregon Air National Guard.
Owens's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner I understand the importance of a strong economy and job creation. Helping Oregonians get back to work will be a top priority."
- Excerpt: "Cover Oregon has been a disaster and, with Governor Kitzhaber's mismanagement, this scandal has wasted hundreds of millions of your hard-earned dollars. We need common sense coverage that works for all Oregonians and policies that allow those with insurance to keep their doctors and their coverage."
- Excerpt: "As your Representative I pledge to protect and defend our constitutional rights and especially the 2nd Amendment."
- Excerpt: "Oregon is a State of tremendous opportunity and I recognize that many people wish to come here to take advantage of the many benefits Oregon has to offer. I support that. However, this must be accomplished legally or it will not work."
- Excerpt: "As a Veteran myself and having come from a family of Veterans, I understand the challenges that face our brothers and sisters who have served and who are still serving. I believe Oregon's veterans deserve every benefit and accommodation we can provide them in honor of their service to our Nation."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Paul Evans was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Kathy Goss defeated James Owens, Karl Erickson and Terrence Taylor in the Republican primary. Evans also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Evans defeated Goss in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Kathy B. Goss||48.1%||11,656|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 20 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Owens's endorsements included the following:
- The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Owens + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 20
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- James Owens on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Facebook, "About: Owens for Oregon," accessed April 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 24, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- www.oregonlive.com, "Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund endorses GOP House candidate: Oregon politics today," accessed April 24, 2014