For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
James P. Fawcett
|James P. Fawcett|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 65|
|January 10, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Fawcett began his career in the financial industry in 1971, serving from 1981-2000 as the President and Chief Executive Officer of a financial institution. He completed his financial career as President/CEO of the Peoples National Bank in Clay Center, Kansas. He also served in Vietnam as a Platoon Officer and Company Executive Officer with the 101st Airborne Division, receiving numerous awards, including two Bronze Stars, the Air Medal, and the Combat Infantryman's Badge.
Fawcett graduated from Fort Hays State University with a degree in Political Science and History.
Fawcett served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Financial Institutions Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Insurance Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
|Kansas State Senate, District 17 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jeff Longbine Incumbent||59.6%||3,858|
|James P. Fawcett||40.4%||2,619|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 65 General Election (2010)|
|James P. Fawcett (R)||2,400|
|Larry Hicks (D)||1,764|
In 2010, Fawcett raised $22,027 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Fawcett, James P||$2,043|
|Geary County Republican Central Cmte||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Fawcett + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Barbara Craft (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 65
| Succeeded by|
Allan Rothlisberg (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |