|South Dakota House District 26B|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Schaefer owns cash grain, cow-calf, and cow-lease ranches. Schaefer attended Northern State College in Aberdeen.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schaefer served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schaefer served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Schaefer won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 26B. Schaefer ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5 and defeated Maynard J. Konechne (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 26B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||James Schaefer Incumbent||58.9%||2,981|
|South Dakota State House, District 21 (2010)|
|Kent Juhnke (R)||4,222||31.14%|
|James Schaefer (R)||3,488||25.72%|
|David Reis (D)||3,161||23.31%|
|Norm Cihak (D)||2,689||19.83%|
Comprehensive donor information for James Schaefer is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, James Schaefer raised a total of $21,372 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|James Schaefer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 26B||$0|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 21||$21,372|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,372|
2012James Schaefer won re-election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, James Schaefer raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Schaefer's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Schaefer raised $21,372 in contributions.
He contributed the most to his campaign, with $17,721 in contributions.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Schaefer + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 26
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Farm Credit Services of America, "2011 Nominating Committee Candidates South Dakota," accessed March 10, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota State Board of Elections, "South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010," accessed March 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Schaefer, James," Accessed September 27, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Thomas Deadrick (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 21
| Succeeded by|