James Todd Russell
|James Todd Russell|
|Nevada First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Past position 2:||Deputy attorney general, State of Nevada|
|Past term 2:||1975-1976|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nevada, 1969|
|Law School:||University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 1974|
|Military service:||U.S. Army|
|Candidate for:||First District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
James Russell is a judge of the First District Court of Nevada. He joined the court in January 2007. He ran unopposed for re-election in 2014, winning a new term that expires on January 3, 2021.
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Russell ran for re-election to the First District Court.
Primary: He was elected without opposition in the primary on June 10, 2014.
Russell graduated from Carson High School in 1965. He received a B.S. degree in business administration from the University of Nevada-Reno in 1969. He graduated from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1974.
Russell served as a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Army from 1969-1971.
- 2007-2021: Judge, First Judicial District Court
- 1976-2006: Attorney in private practice
- 1975-1976: Deputy attorney general, State of Nevada
- 1974-1975: Law clerk, Nevada Supreme Court
- Carson City, NV, "James Todd Russell biography"
- Ballotpedia, "Nevada judge declines to block sports arena initiative," February 4, 2011
- Las Vegas Sun, "Kate Marshall says review of judge who failed to disclose potential conflict in special election court battle likely," August 5, 2011
- Las Vegas Review-Journal "Judge tweaks, approves Nevada redistricting maps" October 27, 2011
- Nevada Judiciary, "Dates of Office," accessed March 30, 2015
- Judicial selection in Nevada
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 Filed Judicial Candidates," accessed April 2, 2015
- Silver State Election Night Results, "2014 Primary Election Results - Judicial," accessed June 11, 2014
- Carson City Website, "Judge Russell bio," accessed April 2, 2015