|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84|
Wencel's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
A New Direction
- Excerpt: "If elected I will be looking at how the State of Michigan spends our tax dollars and other revenues that the state takes in."
- Excerpt: "It is a shame that so many people with college degrees do not find work because their degree does not lead to a good paying job. Many of these people then go to a community or junior college to get the training to find a decent job. We need to change this system."
The Economy And Jobs
- Excerpt: "Another issue is job creation. We need to keep and add good paying jobs in our area so the people living in our counties do not have to move in order to have a good paying job with benefits."
Wind Turbine Tax
- Excerpt: "I will work with the county commissioners in both counties to make sure that the energy companies pay at the higher depreciation schedule which means more money for our districts schools, cities, counties, townships or any other taxing authority."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Jaroch defeated Richard Badger in the Democratic primary. Edward Canfield defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary. Canfield defeated Jaroch in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Wencel's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Wencel + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 84
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- James Wencel on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- jimwencel.com, "Issues," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |