James Wilson (Texas)
|Texas State Senate, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
Wilson earned his B.A. in Government from the University of Texas at Austin. His professional experience includes working as a licensed insurance agent and President of Wilson Risk Management, LLC. He served as Regional Director for United States Senator Phil Gramm.
Wilson’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We must continue to improve our public education system to provide students with the skills they need to compete in a global economy, and to provide local businesses with the highly skilled workers they seek to hire."
- Excerpt: "The strengths of our community (good schools, friendly people, and a competitive economy) have resulted in incredible growth rates locally. This growth has resulted in a strain on our local transportation and utilities infrastructure. We must continue to invest in roads and bridges, water supplies, and electric generation facilities to ensure our continued success."
- PUBLIC SAFETY
- Excerpt: "Our growing communities must have adequate professional law enforcement and emergency services personnel to protect our families. Our first responders should have the tools they need to do their jobs in order to keep us safe. Our state police must have the necessary tools to fight crime that comes across our borders, including drug cartels and human trafficking."
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Excerpt: "Good jobs and good schools will continue to contribute to our success, but our local economy needs more high quality businesses to expand and relocate to our area. Local businesses create jobs and contribute to our economy in many valuable ways. We must do everything practical to attract employers to our community that are committed to creating high skill and high wage employment opportunties [sic]."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Paul Bettencourt defeated James Wilson in the Republican primary. Jim Davis ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Davis, Bettencourt and Whitney Bilyeu (L) will face off in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives District 150 Republican Primary, 2012|
Wilson and his wife, Paige, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Wilson + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- James Wilson on Facebook
- James Wilson on Twitter
- Biography from The Texas Tribune
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- wilsonfortexas.com, "About Wilson," accessed February 19, 2014
- wilsonfortexas.com, "My Platform," accessed February 19, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012