|South Dakota House District 17|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, 1990|
|Master's||Des Moines University, 1992|
|Place of birth||Sioux Falls, SD|
Boomgarden earned his B.S. in Athletic Training from South Dakota State University in 1990. He went on to receive his M.A. from Des Moines University in 1992. He is currently attending the University of Sioux
Boomgarden was a Travel Physical Therapist for Health Providers, Rehabilitation from 1993 to 1995. He has since worked as a Physical Therapist for the following: Avera Sacred Heart Hospital from 1994 to 1995, Rock Rapids Health Center from 1995 to 1999, and Avera McKennan Hospital from 1996 to the present.
Boomgarden joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2005. He has served in that position since, representing the 17th District. He currently serves as Majority Whip. Boomgarden and his wife, Kelli, have one child.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Boomgarden served on the following committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives, Chair
- Judiciary Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Boomgarden served on the following committees:
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Ray Ring and Marion Sorlien were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Nancy Rasmussen and Jamie Boomgarden were unopposed in the Republican primary. Boomgarden withdrew before the general election. Rasmussen will face Sorlien and Ring in the general election.
Boomgarden ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 17 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow Republican incumbent Tom Jones (D), Patricia Norin (D) and Ron Nelson (R). Boomgarden and Tom Jones (D) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 17 (2010)|
|Jamie Boomgarden (R)||3,878||29.76%|
|Tom Jones (D)||3,575||27.43%|
|Ron Nelson (R)||2,935||22.52%|
|Patricia A. Norin (D)||2,644||20.29%|
In 2010, Boomgarden received $32,093 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jamie Boomgarden's campaign in 2010|
|AM Physical Therapy PAC||$2,000|
|Bergh, Keith B||$1,000|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$32,093|
In 2008, Boomgarden collected $17,537 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|American Physical Therapy Association||$2,500|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,638|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jamie + Boomgarden + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Jamie Boomgarden
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Jamie Boomgarden," accessed July 9, 2014
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|